Phase 6: Construction Observation & Administration
Goals: Act as the owner’s representative throughout construction.
Fee breakdown: Typically for residential projects and small commercial projects, the architect is retained at an hourly rate and only consulted when needed. For public projects where the architect is much more involved during construction, this phase can represent 10-20% of the total fee.
Services May Include:
· Periodic site visits to ensure compliance with Construction Documents
· Review Pay Requests
· Review Shop Drawings and material submittals
· Respond to RFI’s (Request for Information) from the contractor
· Issue Change Orders
· Mediate Owner/ Contractor disputes
· Oversee and Document LEED strategies (if applicable)
· Final Submittals for LEED Certification (if applicable)
· Administer project close out (Punch lists)
Phase Is Typically Completed When:
Construction is complete.